Monday, Jan 19
We are in Costa Rico today. Weather 73 and sprinkles now and again. We hired a van and had a three hour tour of the City.Limon, the beaches and a banana plantation that belongs to Dole. Really a poor area. The houses are tin and rusty. Children are out on vacation as its summer here.
In tiny yards there are goats, chickens , rubbish, you name it. Amixtue of blacks, chinese. and other immigrants.
Susan. I was using HOLLYDOG. but it wouldn't work. Today it did as you can see.
Love to all M. and Dad
Monday, January 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to see you got it working again. It's nice to hear where you are as I don't remember what the itiniary is. We are back home and Jay had to work today. It snowed most of the day, but is not as cold as it has been. It would have been a great day to go skiing, but Emma had a Daisy scout field trip. We went out for lunch and had pizza. Then we got a tour of a grocery store with a focus on nutritional eating. Back to work and school tomorrow. Love you.
ReplyDeleteSounds like an experience. I can't believe you guys are already half way done!
ReplyDeleteSounds neat. I was in Costa Rica in the early 90's and thought it was so cool. Not so far north as you are. Kyle's brother Mark, and Cathy, are going to Costa Rica in a few weeks. Seeing something like a banana plantation, we passed a few on the road but that was it, reminds you of how important United Fruit was way back, and of the US's impact on this (and just about every) part of the world. So interesting. I'm glad you checked in. With the long weekend, I have enough time that I find myself checking this blog incessantly. Went to a head-shaving party for Kate today. She is losing her hair rapidly from the chemo and so decided to shave it all off. Good for her. Made me sort of teary how she's just dealing with this and moving forward. I know in the end she'll be fine but it's so bizarre. The whole thing...
ReplyDeleteWe've had snow on & off all weekend. Kyle's taken Sultan sledding and skating many times. Kyle himself fell on the ice a few days ago and really bonked his head & is dealing with what we assume is a slight concussion. I took Sultan swimming today and to the CC Children's Museum yesterday. Back to school & work tomorrow, tho I'll come home before noon to watch the Inaug. with Kyle and Kate and Rich. I feel so excited about Obama. Teary and proud about that, too.
Love you & miss you!
xx
Hmm. I ghuess we're all reading this at the same time! :)
ReplyDelete